Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Hey, I'm not June Cleaver.


You all know 

that the price of food

Is ridiculous, right?
I'm not a
Coupon clipper
Leave that S*-T
To the June Cleaver wannabes
I don't go around
Checking all grocery store ADs
That's just not how I roll
I usually stop at one store
Which is the
WAL-MART superstore
I don't know why I had this theory
that Wal-mart is for super
cheap people like me..READ ON
I KNOW I KNOW
..I vowed to never
Set foot back into corporate
America after
July 4th ..
I ran out of so much crap
the trading post was limited
VERY limited on
what they could
offer me.. that
I had to drive
The horrendous heat beaten highway
To the nearest bordertown, NM USA
I was ill thinking about it
I got to my destination
The nearest Wal-Mart
my kids and I
Run in were going to do this
As fast as possible. I split my list in 2
And the oldest takes a cart and runs
We were out of there in 20 minutes flat
Considering it took 2 hours to get here
Not including my active involvement of supporting
The gas price.. My truck chugged mucho mullah besos to
Get here.
We got everything up on the conveyor type of belt
You put your stuff on
And the register starts going and going and going
I'm getting nervous here.
Total $387.90 for groceries and household needs
Better than last month
This is where it turns into a
a SLAP IN THE FACE --
The cashier says you know
"You can save money just by watching the Ad's
We honor Safeway, Smiths, and Albertsons
Those 4 gallons of milk you
Purchased at 4 bucks each
Was on sale at Smiths for 2.50 a gallon"
I would've saved 6 dollars
A gallon and a half of GAS?
NOW SHE TELLS ME!!!
All this time I have been buying groceries
at full price
dang CORPORATE WAL-MART America for
tricking me to think they were cheap
I am now totally watching those AD's and I figure
Clipping coupons
Wouldn't be so bad
Hey, I'm not June CLEAVER
I'm Just a WANNABE..

(originally written and pulled from the achive circa,  2009)