Friday, September 09, 2011

CRAZY COWBOY HITS LIKE A GIRL...


Currently there are maintenance men in my apt – trying to replace a broken stove - 
I made a pot of beans the other day, only to find and hiss in a fit – 
We weren’t having frybread that night! 
 The stove decided it didn’t want to perform its duties – it screamed out loud in a tick, tick, tick, TICK noise - which I translated as  I refuse to be taken advantage of!! 
How dare it competes with me?  I usually am the one refusing to cook and always the first to yell out insane crowd pleasers – 
“ I will no longer cook baked chicken or re-heat Chinese food”  - 

WHAT NEXT? Tossing, turning, and shrugging - I was left to serve my family store bought wheat sandwich bread, u know the one, the ugly ends have some sort of bad voodoo attached to it aka divorce bread or too many children bread. Hmmm, interesting analogy.  I wonder who believes that load of crap?   

The same evening my stove decided to quit expelling gas - I was at my daughters volleyball game, I saw my cousin brother at the other end of the bleachers.  A quick wave constituted a recognition, anywho, this strange feeling came over me, and I could not for the life of me shake the feeling - soon the memories of - him hitting me not once but three times in the back- came rushing back (I wonder if I could use my mad sociology ninja psychosis skills on him, to figure out why he did that? Hmmm, sounds like I’ve got me a guinea pig for my term research paper, woohoo) 

Get back to the story, I sat there the other day, recalling all the details of that day and I thought I owe this dude an apology afterall he is family-  and we were only kids in the fourth grade - there was only a  few tears dribbling down my cheeks.   

WELL - now the minuscule details come settling in I reverted back to being the little fourth grader "I wasn't going down as the class crybaby - I whipped around  with super hero courage and power (it may have came from  watching wonder woman that morning before getting on the bus) 

okay, back to the older me - Why would  I immediately want  to apologize to him he was the one that hit me? you think? 

Now, wait for it … ahhahah well, my apology was for stomping his ass in front of our classmates immediately after his hits, after all he was the one wearing the tough cowboy boots –[oohh, I’m scared! can u see me sticking out my tongue?] and here I am in kangaroo shoes [which had about 75 cents in the pocket] But, sadly I came to my senses and I‘m not sorry.. I laughed to myself outloud, as I sat there on the bleachers and said “he deserved it”, however, my mom got after me that evening many years ago, for beating him up and making him cry…my response before getting whipped was  "WHATEVER , it isn’t my fault that crazy COWBOY hits like a girl”  hahahha. .. decades later -  I'm over it...wow - what a relief!!!