Thursday, August 04, 2011

IRONY TELLS ALL TWISTED TALES




Photobucket
 my imperfection, lies
Perfection wrapped in one infamous
“jagged little pill”
State of mind is
Graveled in the “muck and the mild”
“I don’t want to go to Rehab”
Proclaimed Narcotic Freak
Screaming at the shadows of a fated soul 
from the depths of the dark cloudy sea
 “I’m just a girl”
SIMPLE – Uncomplicated – SIMPLE
Mercy doesn’t knock on my door an uncomplaining request
“Console me in my darkest hour”
Life’s unpleasantries toils with inner butterfly and whispers small fractions of disagreement
And I want to say with glorified dignity and magnified voice of certainty
“who are you to tell me that I will always be this way”
Idyllic choices I’ve made along the way proved to be made through innocence or plain ole idiocy..Now there is this
“When someone said count your blessings now 'fore they're long gone I guess I just didn't know how”
Pause..think,,play
In the working mechanicals of my thoughts and quandaries  
 “I take A deep breath and I get real high And I scream from the top of my lungs What's goin' on”
“I lost my soul to the look in your eyes”
To the reflection that bounces off my hypnotizing wander
Hope-Prayer-Faith allows for doses of small lyrical advisement
“Bad news comes don't you worry even when it lands.Good news will work its way to all them plans”
This is my
“ dirty little secret,
Who has to know? When we live such fragile lives, It's the best way we survive”
my imperfection lies
wrapped in one infamous
“jagged little pill”
unpurified irony tells all twisted tales
 

Thanks to Alanis Morrisette, 
The Martinis, The All American Rejects, Ministry, Amy Winehouse, Modest Mouse, 
The Killers, Pink, No Doubt, Cold War Kids and Four Non Blondes 
for making my life a little bit easier to deal with.